July 21, 2010

Eiffel lake, July 08

Eiffel lake is a short 5,6 km hike from Moraine Lake shore in Lake Louise area reaching a summit elevation of 2270 meters above see level. For many, it's a shorter and easier option than the famous Sentinel Pass. Both of these hikes allow hikers to feel the power of the Wenkenchemma peak in the Valley of the Ten pics. Glaciers, many snowy summits and the alpine flora make Eiffel lake a wonderful journey.

With a big group of hikers from the gondola we spend and outstanding day playing with July's snow and some crazier folks than me even decide to swim into a glacier fed small pond at the heart of the valley. Dalton and I, to enjoy some views of Eiffel lake, decide to climb a small hill but the hardest hill I ever climb in my life. At some point Dalton had to help me out because I was stuck. Ever since, Dalton became my best hiking buddy.




Starting point: Moraine lake shore

Hiking time: 3,5 hrs

Difficulty: easy/not challenging. For the scrambler folks, reaching eiffel peak is a good way to spice up a bit the hike. Eiffel peak is a good option instead of Mount temple, easier, less dangerous and views from the top barely match in the Rockies.

Best time: Early July

No comments:

Post a Comment