July 22, 2010

Mount Assiniboine, Heli-ride, Aug 08

Banff round two was shaped with many specials moments,  some I will cherish for the rest of my life. Nontheless, my heli-ride over Mount Assiniboine was ''the cherry on the sundae'' of a summer to remember. After working so much overtime and after thinking it will be my last summer, I decide to book an heli-ride over Mount Assiniboine, this amazing mountain nested at the Border of British Columbia and Alberta. The ride start in Canmore for a 30 minutes journey over the Rockies. Glaciers, waterfalls, lakes and pristine views made this ride so spectacular even if I we couldnt see the summit of Mount Assiniboine, stuck in the clouds. I brought with me Dalton, my hiking buddy, to enjoy the ride because after all, I dont know yet any other person that enjoy the mountains the same way as I do. Many peoples think they enjoy the mountains, but to really enjoyed them you need to be eager to discovering them. You need to see and feel they are unique since they all are. You need to listen when the mountains speak to you. You need to feel free and feel like your standing on the top of the world when reaching a summit no matter how tall it is. You need to raise your arm up and embrace the power of nature. Having said that, I'm sure I will take another ride someday because nothing can top of the feeling of flying over the Rockies with majestics towering peaks all around you.


No comments:

Post a Comment