July 22, 2010

Fairview Mountain, 2744m, September 2008

Being in the Rockies have many advantages and no need to explain them because they are so obvious. But one of them, if you may, is to have ''a to do list'' that's always growing and never srinking. When you landed in Banff you wish to hike one or two mountains and think all your desires will be fullfill. Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! It's actually the opposite, the Rockies might be the North America hiking mecca, if not of the world. Since the Canadians Rockies have the advantage to start at a low elevation compare to the American Rockies (US counterpart), it's easier for the body to reach a summit. In this pristine wilderness called the Canadian Rockies we have access to a huge playground that have the power to fill-up a lifetime of opportunities. That year, being in Banff for a second summer, I start reading more about where to go, what to explore and I come to the conclusion Fairview Mountain was the perfect fit for me, the kind of mountain and hike I enjoy the most. With Sanae we choice a marvellous day to hike Fairview. I was out of speech and wish Dalton and Ashley were with me that day. My goal was to make them jealous and I reached my objectif. The climax is the summit, never before I wanted to stay that long to a summit. Pure paradise ! A must do mountain for everyone's since this scramble might be the easiest hike in the rockies, more a hiking mountain than a scrambing one. So, when a new date with Fairview then? Maybe next week!





Hiking time: please allow either a morning or all and afternoon (around 4hrs r/t)
Difficulty: Easy, probably the easiest scramble in the range
Best time: September with the colors
Rate: Should be in in the top of the list of any hiker! The view all the way up is impressive and the summit is asthonishing. I think not so many peoples want to go back down because this place might just be paradise.

No comments:

Post a Comment